After the calendar rolls around 26 January, Australia Day Adelaide brings out all the stops to observe everything gold and green. Every year its party gets improved and 2019 is regarded as its largest yet with over 40,000 locals and traffic called to flock into the city. Planning to be that you in 40,000? There is a complete list of events waiting for you daily. Better get crackin’.
- 1 Australia Day fireworks Adelaide
- 2 Australia Day Breakfast Adelaide
- 3 Go along and join in the fun!
- 4 Australia Day Adelaide Parade
- 5 Australia Day Parade
- 6 Australia Day Adelaide Events
- 7 Australia Day Adelaide Concert
- 8 Top free things to do on Australia Day in Adelaide
- 9 Are shops open on Australia Day in Adelaide?
- 10 Related Posts:
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Related
Australia Day fireworks Adelaide
Join us to the spectacular Australia Day Fireworks!
Adhering to the Australia Day Concert at Elder Park, locate a place along the beautiful Torrens to see the Wonderful fireworks spectacle. Australia Day at the City will see fireworks started in Pinky Flat and the River Torrens.
Best vantage spots for watching the fireworks:
- Elder Park
- On the grass in front of the Adelaide Casino, Intercontinental Hotel and Adelaide Convention Centre
The Australia Day Fireworks are provided by Australia Day Movie That has extensive worldwide experience in Pyrotechnics Such as Sydney New Years Eve, Perth Skyworks, the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Australian Navy and a Lot More.
The Australia Day Fireworks is proudly introduced from the Aus Diamond Mining Group
Are you looking to attend Australia Day at the City? Ensure that you gear up with hats and temporary tattoos out of Aussie Merchandise. Purchasing via Aussie Merchandise assists the Australia Day Council of SA raise valuable funds for our Australia Day community events and programs. As a nonprofit organisation we greatly appreciate your support.
Also Read: Australia Day Awards 2019 Nominations
Australia Day Breakfast Adelaide
Go along and join in the fun!
The breakfasts are a fantastic opportunity for the community and families to come together to celebrate Australia Day and to enjoy a free breakfast provided by the City of Onkaparinga. There will be entertainment along with activities for the children.
The breakfasts will be held at four locations around the city:
- Aldinga Beach – Symonds Reserve, Butterworth Road
- Aberfoyle Park – Bob Such Reserve, Jessica Street (NEW LOCATION)
- Noarlunga Centre – Ramsay Place
- Willunga – The Old Court House
Residents need only bring a picnic rug or chair. The breakfasts have a great atmosphere and are enjoyed by all ages. So go along to meet and connect with your community and reflect on our history, diversity, achievements and bright future.
Australia Day Adelaide Parade
Australia Day at the City is the Significant public Occasion to celebrate Australia Day at South Australia! Founded in Elder Park, Adelaide, annually around the 26th of January.
Vibrancy, color, the party of national pride encircle the Australia Day at the City event. The event involves three Chief components – the Australia Day Parade, Concert and Fireworks
Australia Day Parade
The event begins with one of the largest Australia Day Parade’s in the country from 6:00pm, featuring more than 4000 people celebrating what they love about Australia and being Australian, coming together on the streets of Adelaide to showcase their culture and celebrate their communities.
The Parade includes over a 100 community groups, vintage cars, horses, marching bands, a giant echidna, floats, giant characters and includes a fly past by an F-18 Hornet.
Australia Day Adelaide Events
Australia day Adelaide awards is one of the main event. The Australia Day Parade showcases community groups their communities and culture to the thousands of people who line King William Street to watch the Parade. The Australia Day Parade is so important to help celebrate and preserve the many cultures and communities we have in South Australia. People of Australia also enjoyed free Australia day BBQ Adelaide.
Registrations to join the Australia Day Parade will open soon
Registrations to volunteer for the Australia Day Parade will open soon
Australia Day Adelaide Concert
After the Parade, 40,000 individuals consolidate in Elder Park, Adelaide to watch the Australia Day Concert. Beginning with a Welcome to Country given by individuals from the Kaurna Community. Following the Welcome to Country is an execution of the National Anthem, a Flag-raising Ceremony and a 21 Gun Salute. The Australia Day Concert features Australian artists with previous performers including Jimmy Barnes, Human Nature, Lee Kernaghan, Kate Cebrano, Ricki-Lee, Vanessa Amorosi, Stan Walker, Wess Carr, Kisschasy, The Pottbellez, Carl Risely, James Morrison, Timomatic, Sarah De Bono, Brothers3, Sneaky Sound System, Samantha Jade, Masketta Fall, David Campbell, Mahalia Barnes, Christine Anu and Emma Pask
Brenton Ragless and Kate Collins from Channel 9 Adelaide
Top free things to do on Australia Day in Adelaide
- Cycle the Linear Park Cycle Track: Get on your bike and explore the city on two wheels, passing the iconic Adelaide Oval and Adelaide Zoo.
- Head to the beach: Do it right this year and make yours a beach day this Australia Day. Bring the cricket set / volleyball set / boogie board / picnic basket (cross out whichever is irrelevant) – oh and don’t forget to pencil in some time for a good ol’ thong toss.
- Uncover Aussie treasures at the State Library: Australia Day isn’t just a free day off work and school; it’s a day to acknowledge our history and roots. This month the State Library has an A Few of Our Favourite Things exhibition on, which showcases treasures from the State Library’s collection that its staff have personally picked to share with you. There are many other Australia day activities which happen on this day.
Are shops open on Australia Day in Adelaide?
Here are the major shopping centres that will open for Australia Day and their trading hours:
- Westfield Marion: Closed
- Rundle Mall: Open from 11am–5pm
- Harbour Town Adelaide: Open from 11am–5pm (certain stores open only)
- Castle Plaza Shopping Centre: Closed
- Elizabeth Shopping Centre: Closed
- Burnside Village: Closed
Also Read: Australia Day Movie 2019